If you want a beautiful smile that will restore your confidence and self-esteem, orthodontic treatment is a great solution. In fact, aside from creating a smile that looks and feels great, orthodontics can also improve your overall health. This is because even teeth are easier to clean, causing bacteria to have less of a chance to build up and cause tooth decay. Dr. Shaina M DiMariano of DiMariano Family Dentistry and Orthodontics in Folsom, CA, specializes in orthodontic treatments—read on to learn what her services can do for you.
How You Can Benefit from Orthodontic Treatments
Orthodontics can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Improving your ability to bite and chew
- Making it easier to brush and floss your teeth
- Reducing your risk of cavities and gum disease
- Eliminating the risk of injury from protruding teeth
- Alleviating speech impairments
Types of Orthodontic Treatment
Folsom residents can take advantage of the following orthodontic treatments at DiMariano Family Dentistry and Orthodontics:
- Braces: Traditional braces can be used to correct several dental problems including:
- Uneven teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- An overbite – where the upper front teeth protrude too far over the lower teeth
- An underbite – where the lower teeth protrude over the upper front teeth
- Jaw misalignment that causes an uneven bite
- Invisalign: Because Invisalign aligners are made from a clear, flexible material, they offer a discreet and more comfortable alternative to traditional braces.
To assist with orthodontic treatment, Dr. Di. Mariano uses iTero Digital Scanning. This cutting-edge optical technology allows her to capture a detailed 3-D image of your teeth and gums. The whole process takes just a few minutes and enables you to see how you are progressing with your dental treatment.
If you would like to schedule a consultation about orthodontics, call our Folsom office at (916) 983-6655.